The Challenge: Franchisee thinks he needs a CFO
PSP Holdings, Inc., CEO (Rick) was growing his number of locations by 8-10 a year over the next five years and thought he needed a CFO. The challenge was the CEO had only ever used contingency recruiters for staff/store operations and wasn’t sure if he wanted to use his typical go-to recruiter due to the complexity of the position and he was not sure about the potential costs.
The Shift to Expert Recruitment Strategies:
Rick connected with ASCENT Select through a mutual contact and learned that ASCENT Select is not only a recruiting firm but also provides talent strategies and service charge options in the best interest of the client. He also learned ASCENT Select –
- Asks questions his current recruiter had never asked
- Doesn’t post positions online and recruit applicants
- Seeks first to understand then tailors the search to what client needs.
- Has a unique to the industry search Subscription model and flat rates,
- Has unequaled candidate presentation and replacement guarantees
- CEO will travel to meet clients at no charge
- Focuses on presenting candidates that meet both technically and culturally
ASCENT Select was hired to find PSP Holdings Controller and executed their standard multi-faceted search approach-
- Met the client in person, visited HQ, and conducted our proprietary 22-question discovery call
- Focused on quality, not quantity
- Tapped into the ASCENT Select curated talent pipeline
- Made up to 7-reach attempts on each prospect (not the 2-3 other firms make)
- Coordinated all interviews, and debriefs, and completed full background & credit checks
- All candidates presented were matched culturally to the company
- Onboarding insights and strategies provided
Michelle was hired with an exceptional, twenty-finance-year career in the restaurant industry. She was able to immediately add value and continues to this day to exceed expectations. Placement tenure 3+ years and counting
This case study underscores the value of building a trusted search and talent strategy partnership with a boutique search firm. Working with a recruiting firm that is innovative in its recruiting and candidate evaluation approach and services offered saved PSP over $100,000 in salary and service fees. Hire a firm that will customize search options to meet what you or your organization wants to achieve.